GUIDELINES FOR i-SHOT 2014 SUBMISSION
1. Poets are invited to submit between twelve and sixteen pages of poetry, with
no more than forty lines per page, excluding title and stanza breaks.
2. The submission must be the original work of the author. It must not have
been previously published as a whole, but may contain individual poems
published in other publications such as magazines or anthologies.
3. We welcome postal and online submissions from anywhere in the world.
Postal Submission Fee is £14.50 for each submission and £15.50 for each Online Submission.
Postal submissions may include payment by cheque
Postal and Online Submission payments may be made online:
Please CLICK HERE
The CLOSING DATE for sending both online and Postal Submissions:
18th November 2013
4. Individual Online submissions should be sent as a single attachment to:
email@example.com in ms word or pdf file formats and will
be printed for reading from the files provided.
5. Safe receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged provided a valid email
contact address is provided.
6. Poems submitted within each manuscript may also be submitted simultaneously
elsewhere to magazines or single poem prizes, but may be withdrawn from the
iOTA shot prizes if accepted elsewhere during the course of reading and
choosing the successful works.
7. The winning writers will be notified in February 2014 and iOTA shots
will be published in early summer 2014. There will be two or three pamphlets
8. Templar Poetry will collaborate with individual writers to promote their
pamphlets at live events where this is possible.
9. The winning pamphlets will be advertised and sold on the Iota website,
the Templar Poetry Bookshop website, in our retail stockists and at
live events and book fairs.
10. Submissions are invited from both new and previously published poets.
Each Submission should be presented as a single Manuscript comprised of -
- a front Cover Page with full contact details and the title of the collection followed by
- a Title page for the iOTA shot, without the author’s name and
- a Contents page followed by between twelve and sixteen pages of poetry
- each page should carrying no more than forty line of poetry on each page -
- titles and stanza breaks are not included.
The Manuscript submitted should carry no details of the author's name on any
part of the work other than the cover page. The submission may also include
an additional page with any relevant acknowledgments, including previous
publication of individual poems.
Submissions must not contain any translated work and must be the original work
of the author and free from any copyright and other legal impediments
The cover, title, contents, acknowledgments and dedication pages are not counted
in the twelve to sixteen pages of poetry.
Postal Submissions are welcome and should be firmly stapled or clipped together
at the top left hand corner.
Postal Submissions are not returned and no return envelopes or stamps should be
sent with postal submissions.
Results will be emailed to all poets with email addresses and posted in the Templar Poetry
and Iota Newsletters.
Results will be posted if poets cannot provide an email address and do include a
stamped and addressed envelope with their postal submission which is clearly marked
RESULTS: 2014 i-Shots Pamphlet Awards