iOTA SHOT AWARDS: 2015 - OPEN NOW - CLOSING DATE 10th November
GUIDELINES: i-SHOT 2015 SUBMISSION
Poets are invited to submit short manuscripts of between twelve and sixteen pages of poetry.
Up to three will be chosen for publication as iOTA Shot Pamphlets.
Submissions are invited from both new and previously published poets.
Each Submission should be presented as a single Manuscript comprised of -
- a front Cover Page with full contact details and the title of the collection followed by
- a Title page for the iOTA shot, without the author’s name and
- a Contents page followed by between twelve and sixteen pages of poetry
- each page should carrying no more than forty line of poetry on each page -
- titles and stanza breaks are not included
- The submission must be the original work of the author
- The Manuscript must not have been previously published
- Individual poems previously published in other publications may be included
- We welcome postal and online submissions from anywhere in the world.
- Postal Submission Fee is £14.50 for each submission
- Online Submission is £15.50 for each submission
- Postal submissions may include payment by cheque
Postal and Online Submission payments may be made online:
Please CLICK HERE
Please email to email@example.com
We print for reading from the files provided
But must be withdrawn from the iOTA Shot Awards if accepted
elsewhere during the course of reading and choosing the successful works.
The winning writers will be notified in February 2015
The iOTA shots published in early summer 2015
Up to three pamphlets published
Launch event at Keats House
Launch event at Derwent Poetry Festival
Option to submit full collection
Option to record work for online presentation on Templar Poetry Live
- A page on the Templar Website dedicated to their pamphlet
- Twenty five copies of their pamphlet and further copies at a generous discount
- A standard Templar Publishing agreement including the option to submit a full collection
- General support in publishing their work to a wider readership tailored to each poet
PRESENTATION OF MANUSCRIPT
The Manuscript submitted should carry no details of the author's name on any part of the work other than the top page.The submission may include any relevant acknowledgments including previous publication of individual poems. Submissions must not contain any translated work and must be the original work of the author and free from any copyright and other legal impediments to publication. The cover, title, contents, acknowledgments and dedication pages are not counted in the twelve to sixteen pages of poetry. Postal Submissions should be firmly stapled or clipped together. Postal Submissions are not returned. Please do not send return envelopes or stamps. Results will be emailed to all poets with email addresses. Results will be posted in the Templar Poetry and Iota Newsletters. Safe receipt of postal submissions and Results will be posted if poets include a stamped and addressed envelope marked as appropriate on back:
RESULTS/ACKNOWLEDGMENT: 2015 i-Shots Pamphlet Awards
PREVIOUS WINNERS INCLUDE: Sarah Roby, Penelope Shuttle, Damian Smyth, Tom Weir, Kim Lasky, Howard Wright, David Gilbert, William Stephenson, Matt Kirkham
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MANY OF THESE IN THE IOTA COLLECTION